The system of performance indicators "mahalabay": based on the experience of the Samarkand region
07/05/2021 - 12:22 558
To date, the goal has been to further increase income and ensure employment of the population, as well as accelerate the establishment of entrepreneurial activities for women and further bring local government bodies closer to the population, identify and effectively solve their problems and appeals based on the experience of the Samarkand region.
It is known that in this direction, a Resolution of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan "On measures aimed at introducing a system of work" mahallabay "as an experiment in the Samarkand region was adopted.
According to the decree, in order to further improve the system of work of "mahalabay", starting from June 1 of this year in the structure of the regional (city) authorities of the Samarkand region, it is envisaged to conduct an experiment on the system of work "mahalabay", which provides for:
-creation of the Mahalabay Work Center (hereinafter - the Center) in the form of a state institution and the activities of the center, which is coordinated by the first deputy khokim of the district for finance, economy and poverty reduction, as well as the attachment of one inspector for the work of "mahallabay" to three mahallas in the district (city) ;
- the introduction of the post of deputy chairman of the makhalla citizens' gathering for entrepreneurship and farming and, in accordance with this appointment, the organization of work in close cooperation with the first deputy khokim for finance, economics and poverty reduction.
In addition, according to the decree, from June 1 of this year, the activities of the Center will be organized in the Pastdargom, Urgut and Bulungur districts of the Samarkand region, and in other districts (cities) until August 1.
The main tasks and directions of the Center's activities are established:
- taking measures to reduce poverty by providing employment and a stable source of income for the population;
- assistance in the development of entrepreneurship based on the work of "mahallabay" and assistance in obtaining loans and subsidies to citizens wishing to open their own business;
- Allocation of the necessary funds for the hardware and software of the system annually from 2022, taking into account in the parameters of the State budget of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the basis of the request of the Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction;
- Formation of a group to monitor the activities of the Center in the districts (cities) of the Samarkand region in order to analyze this experience;
- Submission of proposals on the feasibility of introducing this practice in other regions of the republic on January 1, 2022.
Ministry of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction