About the board of the Ministry
11/03/2020 - 12:32 4067
In accordance with paragraph 16 of the Regulation on the Ministry of Economy of the Republic of Uzbekistan, approved by the Decree of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan dated April 28, 2017, No. PP-2934, a board composed of the Minister of Economy (chairman of the board), first deputy minister, deputy ministers, as well as leaders structural units of the Ministry, coordinating the main areas of its activities.
The number and composition of the board are approved by the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the proposal of the Minister of Economy.
The board considers issues related to:
- preparation and implementation of the main lines of the Ministry’s activities defined in Regulations, ensuring their interconnection for balanced, sustainable and interfaced development of industries, sectors of the economy and territories of the country;
- the organization of the high-quality implementation of specific tasks and instructions of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan and the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan related to the competence of the Ministry;
- ensuring close coordination and coordination of the work of the Ministry and other bodies of state and economic management, local government bodies in the implementation of priority areas of socio-economic development of the country, territories, industries, and sectors of the economy;
- assessment of the effectiveness of the comprehensive, sectoral and territorial programs of socio-economic development for the short, medium and long term, with the adoption of additional measures and adjustments to increase their effectiveness;
- selection, placement, training, and retraining of personnel for positions included in the nomenclature of the Ministry;
- strengthening executive discipline on the implementation of the tasks defined in decrees, decrees, and orders of the President of the Republic of Uzbekistan, decrees, and orders of the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan, increasing the personal responsibility of the heads and employees of the Ministry for ensuring timely and high-quality implementation thereof.
The board is also entitled to consider other issues within the competence of the Ministry.
Heads of state and economic management bodies, the Central Bank, commercial banks, first deputy chairmen of the Council of Ministers of the Republic of Karakalpakstan, khokims of the regions and the city of Tashkent, who are in charge of economic development, are invited to the meetings of the Board, overseeing issues falling within the competence of the Ministry.
A board is authorized if more than half of its composition is present at its meeting. Decisions on issues under consideration are taken by a simple majority of votes.
The decisions of the board are implemented by the orders of the minister. In case of disagreement between the Minister and the members of the board, the Minister independently makes a decision, reporting to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan on the differences that have emerged. Members of the board may also communicate their opinion to the Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan.
The procedures of the board is determined by its regulations approved by the board.